Still going with the second book! This one is taking MUCH longer than the last one. I still have 2 years left in Mongolia, so I want to take this time to get it JUST right before having it printed.
Just like last time, I am also taking photo references for additions to the book! I have a few lined up already, but I want to make sure you also get a chance to have your photo turned into an artwork!
If you would like to contribute a reference photo for this book, please do so!
I do have a few critera for submitting a photo, however. Please take a moment to read through these rules and regulations before submitting your photo.
- Subject must completely fit inside the photo. Do not cut off the top of the head or the shoulders. Preferably, the photo should reach well below the collar bones.
- Details must be visible. I need to see eyelashes. If I cannot see the eyelashes, then other details will also be out of focus. If the subject has wrinkles, I must be able to see those. However, you can request that the wrinkles not be added into the art
- Full body photos MUST be of the best quality possible. Subject must be at the forefront of the image. I cannot isolate your son playing in a tree in a full image of forestry.
- Photos MUST belong to the person submitting. Do not submit anything from Google Images. Commercial use has to be allowed, and Google does not have control over the photographers copyrights. If another person took the photo, please inform me in the release below.
- CLEAR PHOTOS. I cannot stress this enough. I need the best quality photos you can submit. If your email client does not allow large file sizes, please upload it to a third party to submit. Do not downsize your photos. Dropbox, TransferNow, or similar is a good way to send. If you have trouble uploading your photo, please contact me and I can help walk you through the process.
I have the right to decline any photo for any reason.
You must agree to have the artwork featuring your photo used in a commercial manner. This includes, but is not limited to: Book inclusion, online display, gallery display, sale in book and print form, etc.
When submitting a photo, please include the following form, filled out completely. I will not use any provided information for any reason other than handling my personal files and legal purposes.
Send your photo and completed form to:
Please remember to submit the best quality photos for the best quality art. If you cannot see eyelashes, neither can I. For the best likeness, I need the best references. A lot of phones these days have great cameras, but please submit the largest size you can. I will have to refuse any low quality references as I can’t “fake” details on a person I have not seen over and over.
Artwork can be purchased by the person submitting the photo for a discounted price. However, because of the postal service, it may take a while for the option to open up. I don’t want lost artwork, and I am sure you don’t either.
I want to take this moment to thank all of the people who submitted photos for the last book! It was a complete success! And it was all thanks to you! I hope the next book will live up to that standard
If you would like to see the progress of this book, you can click here to view the details and the overview of the work to be included.