I haven’t had any kind of contest lately. Maybe now is a good time!
First off, Deadline is May 31st. All entries must be completed by then. No entries will be accepted after the deadline.
This contest is open worldwide!
I want art. It’s been a long time since I’ve had artwork sent to me. I am an art junkie, and I have been going through withdrawals. I just can’t take it anymore!! So this looks like a perfect time to get some of you motivated into creating your own works!
My challenge to you is, you must create an artwork that you are willing to send me. DO NOT ACTUALLY SEND unless you have been declared winner! So hold onto your pieces until you are notified. When I have notified you of your win, all information is final! No art changes hands until the notification of the winners.
I will choose three artworks. These winners will be chosen by my own eyes. I will pick my three favorites. So be sure you take your time with it!
Just for the record, I like all types of art. If you feel your style isn’t advanced enough, you should try anyway. The only thing that can happen is you don’t win. But what have you lost? Nothing. In fact, you gained an artwork for yourself. One that YOU created! How can you go wrong with that?? Beginners and advanced are more than welcome to participate!
Prizes: (all three winners will get the same prize)
- Signed Art Book
- Original Sketch Card (random)
- Laminated Bookmark Print (random)
- Original artwork (commission style, 148 × 210 mm / 5.83 × 8.27 in.) These take time, so please be patient.
This is long, so pay close attention. Any deviation from these rules may get you disqualified. However, if you make a mistake, I will give you the chance to rectify it.
- You must spend at least 3 days on your art. (Can be just an hour a day.) Do not submit rushed pieces, I will be able to tell
- Any medium is acceptable. Graphite, paint, sculpt, crochet, etc.
- Participants must be willing to ship their work to me for my own collection. COPYRIGHT will continue to be your own. I will never claim your artwork as mine. You can still control the use of your work via digital means.
- You can ask any questions you like to get a “one-up” on other participants. (Eg: things I like, favorite colors, themes, etc) You can even email or message me if you don’t want others to know your question in the comments. It’s a competition, after all lol
- Artwork must be new. Don’t submit old artwork. Prize art originals will be new, so keep it fair for all of us 😉
- Artwork must be your own. This shouldn’t need to be said, but just in case…
- Postal receipt will need to be emailed or messaged to me before prizes are shipped out. I will also send a receipt when shipped.
- Yes. You may gift your win. I will just need to know the details of the recipient.
- [Edit to add] You may enter as many times as you like, but you can only win once.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! I could have missed something important, but my brain just overlooked it.
You can send a photo of your entry any way you feel comfortable. Comment here, social media, email, messengers, etc. Just make sure you know I will see it. If I comment, that means I have seen it, otherwise, please choose another method.
Entries will be posted below. If you don’t see your entry, then just let me know and I will see about making sure I got it.
I hope to see a lot of creativity going on!