First artwork of 2018! 

Commission piece for a local collector.  This one was pretty tough.  I found out that my new glasses work EXTREMELY well, so I could see the flaws even in the paper grains… Due to that fact alone, it took me a bit longer than other portraits since I was being pretty damned nit-picky.  However, I think it worked out in the end!

Technical information:

Time: about 11 hours
Size: 42 x 29.7 cm

Reflex 4R paper
 Faber-Castell, Cretacolor, and Hi-Uni Pencils
Pebo Kneaded Eraser
Graphite powder (Koh-I-Noor graphite stick and a sandpaper block)
Electric Eraser
Various Brushes

There were no real progress photos for this one.  The collector didn’t want the progress shown on Facebook, so I completely forgot to take them. 

I screwed up pretty badly, so I had to start over.  Makeshift lightbox to the rescue!  What I learned from this is… Don’t cheap out on erasers, because they are NOT all made the same.

Leave some thoughts

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.